You can customize your WiFi settings including your WiFi SSID (network name) and wireless frequency.
1. Connect to your new Surge Social WiFi network (e.g., “Free WiFi)
2. Open a web browser to 172.31.0.1:20083/webfig
- Log in with username/password given to you (or contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click on ‘Wireless’ button
- Your dual-band WiFi router has a 2.4GHz signal (slower but farther distance) and 5GHz signal (faster but shorter distance). Your mobile device will automatically choose the best signal to connect to if the SSID (network name) is the same for both.
- Click ‘WIFI-2.4GHz’ to change the 2.4GHz signal settings including SSID and frequency. Click ‘OK’ button when finished.
- Click ‘WIFI-5GHz’ to change the 5GHz signal settings including SSID and frequency. Click ‘OK’ button when finished.