If you’re running a small business, you probably have little time to focus on marketing. You’re too busy making the best products and offering the best services that you can! But there’s hope: the good people over at Engenius put together a content-heavy article to help you focus your efforts to create the most efficient digital marketing plan. You know what? For those of you who are super-duper busy, I’ll just include the bullet point section here:
TL;DR (too long, didn’t read): I’m a busy local business owner, just give me a few things to do in 2019:
- Consider taking advantage of Local Services Ads (with caution: read more)
- Update your Google My Business page regularly: with photos, videos, and posts
- Quit blogging so frequently and instead put your efforts into making your content really stand out
- If your target audience is between 18-35, consider less focus on Facebook, and more on Instagram
- Start using stories (on Facebook and Instagram)
Digital Marketing is Necessary… but Easy
We’re living in a fast-paced digital landscape that’s constantly changing. However, don’t let that scare you away from digital marketing! One of the major takeaways towards the end of the article is that more organic, less polished content regularly does better on Facebook and Instagram stories. The silver lining here is that customers are looking for genuine businesses that they can relate to. You don’t need to spend thousands of dollars and tens of hours on a video ad when a simple behind the scenes 30 second video clip taken on your smartphone will do!
How We Can Help
With SurgeSocial automations, you can create marketing campaigns that can run in the background. Want to offer coupons after 5 visits? Easy. Request reviews after they leave the shop? Simple. Let the automations do the heavy lifting so you can get back to doing what you do best: running a successful business!